I’m not really going to get into the Redemption Island duel, since it was boring and a waste of time (mostly because I haven’t cared an iota about any duelee so far this season). Moving on…
Ozzy Fails at Strategy
I love a good blindside. I especially love when a delusional weenie with a God complex finds out no one respects him (and no, I’m not talking about Coach). Ozzy really brought the crazy tonight, first trying to calmly reason it out with his tribe. Only, “I’m now what they call a free agent,” isn’t really reasonable.
Once Ozzy realized that road would lead to nowhere, he switched gears and tried to play the victim. When Dawn (love her!) called him out for being a hypocrite, Ozzy just lost it. He blurted out in frustration that he has the hidden immunity idol.
The next day, he realized how screwed he was and tried to spin the whole idol blab as “trying to reunify” with everyone. In his confessional, he said he was trying to just do his best and “lead by example.” I’m sorry, Ozzy, what are you leading? Your alliance of one? Or your tribe of people who neither like nor respect you? Cochran said it best: “He’s just behaving like a stupid bitch.”
Mikayla Fails at Slingshots, Life
Mikayla really did suck at the immunity challenge. And she was a stubborn dumbass for not just dropping out when it became obvious that her coconut-slinging skills were subpar. If you suck at a challenge, there’s not much you can do other than step aside so the others can get it done. Refusing to step aside tells the tribe that your ego is more important than teamwork.
I’ve never liked Mikayla. I think she’s whiny, not all that intelligent, and she’s yet to make me laugh at all. Plus, she gave Brandon a tingly feeling in his privates, although I guess I can’t really hold that against her, since that’s about the only entertainment she’s brought to the season. I’m not at all disappointed Mikayla got voted out. I’m just happy they kept Edna. I like Edna. She knows exactly how to kiss Coach’s ass. I hope she makes it far.
- Coach, when considering whether he should tell Brandon about the idol, said “Is witholding information lying? It’s a gray area.” HOW OLD ARE YOU?!
- Rick is no longer invisible! How exciting! Although I must say, his voice is disappointingly un-twangy.
- I love Edna’s makeshift visor. It appears to be made out of a treemail and a string. It makes me laugh every time I see it. It’s just so ridiculous looking.
- Brandon, when trying to tell Jeff that the next challenge was crucial to Upolu’s success post-merge, said “This next challenge is detrimental to the way this game turns out.” It’s OK, Brandon. Words are hard.
- Edna’s little vote confessional to Mikayla was possibly the best I’ve ever heard. As she held up Mikayla’s name, she said, “I hope your time here has helped your future modeling career.” Edna, you passive-aggressive bitch! Brilliant!